Sunday, January 22, 2012

Hundreds Day!

Hurrah for the hundredth day of school!

Every year I ask students to bring in 100 items to help us celebrate this special day.  For homework, the students write three clues to help us guess what their 100 items are.  But this year I am trying something new; I am asking that the 100 items come to school in a plastic bottle.  I saw this idea on the web and LOVED it.  Think how much easier it will be to move the collections around.  Also, we can easily weigh them and talk about volume.

Here are the links for the letter I will send home to explain the assignment AND the clues worksheet.  I copied my forms into Google docs and had to delete the lines from the clues form because I was using a non-Google docs font.  Sorry!





Disclaimer:  I know I saw this bottle idea on the web, maybe from a blog, but that was before the days of Pinterest and I cannot find the original posting.  If it was your blog, PLEASE let me know and I will credit you and link to you.  (Or if I am breaking blog rules by posting something that was YOUR idea, just let me know and I will take it down.  Sure wish I could remember where I got the bottle idea from.)

Love to all,
Camille

P.S.  Our one hundredth day isn't until February 6 and I am feeling very proud of myself that I am actually ahead of schedule.  : )

1 comment:

  1. Ours is technically next Tuesday but we're "celebrating" this Friday. Our kids are bringing in a collection of 100 things for sharing. Should be interesting!! :)
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete