Monday, January 21, 2013

The LONG Weekend

Hi all!  How are you spending this amazing three day weekend?  The first two days of my weekend really were AMAZING!

Up here in Northern California the annual Kindergarten Conference takes places during this weekend.  This is my second year to attend.  It is about 30 minutes from my home so very convenient.  It is one of those conferences that has you sign up for sessions months ahead and then you completely forget what you signed up for and hope, hope, hope that you chose wisely.  Well, for the most part I chose very wisely.

My sessions consisted of guided drawing, insects, motor skills, curriculum mapping, singing, and buddy classrooms. I will talk more about some of these sessions in later posts. 

But the best part of the conference was being surrounded by so many wonderful teachers.  The teachers that attend are true learners.  They want to improve their skills.  They want to meet the needs of their students.  They are passionate about teaching.  Just being in their midst was inspiring.  One of the amazing teachers I met up with was our very own Fran.  Just in case you are new to the blogging world, Fran has a wonderful blog called Kindergarten Crayons.  If you only have time to read one kindergarten blog, this is the one.  Trust me on this!!!!  I love spending time with Fran because she is so wise.  One of my favorite qualities!!!  I always learn a lot from her.  Sadly, I have no picture to post of the two of us together because we forgot to take a picture.  Next year!  Right, Fran?  (Or maybe in Las Vegas?  I am considering going.)

Anyway,  now I am off to the classroom to get caught up AND to incorporate a few of the new ideas I gleaned at the conference.  (I want to start using EVERY new idea, but my head is spinning so I will limit myself to just a few.)

Love to all,
Camille


2 comments:

  1. Camille,
    I loved spending time with you. It was so much fun to catch up and spend time together. I hope we see each other soon. You were one of the highlights of my time in San Francisco.
    Hugs, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Camille (and Fran!) Thank you for the comment on my neglected blog. I did not attend the conference this year, but wish I would have driven over just to see the two of you! Life has taken a few unexpected turns since the summer and I just haven't had the energy to blog. I still read many blogs and comment sometimes and of course shop on TpT, but not nearly as much as before. I needed my family life back! I am sure you had a great time with Fran. She is so wise and fun and wonderful! Great to hear from you!

    I would LOVE to attend the conference in Vegas, but it is soooo expensive! I really encourage you to go though. It is so much better than the one in Santa Clara.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete