Friday, July 8, 2011

Classroom Door

Here is the welcome door that I did last year for my K / 1 classroom.

The title is:
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom!
Look who's in this room!

Each child's name is written on a rectangle.  I put the kinders' names up in the tree (those monkeys!!) and the first graders were climbing the trunk.  I used blue, orange, green and black butcher paper.  The other colors are all construction paper.  I liked it so much that I may do it again, unless I have some of the same students.   Camille




1 comment:

  1. Camille, I love the CCBB door! I think I am going to do a welcome board with CCBB this year, so thank you for the sample!

    I wrote back to answer your question about the binders on the comments for that post but wanted to make sure you saw my answer so here goes:

    Camille, we use the 1/2" white binders with the clear sleeve in the front for the cover page to slip into. We have tried the folders and have found that they just don't withstand the abuse of a five year old all year. The binders stand a better chance of making it to the end of the year. However, I think if you tried the sturdier, hard plastic folders, they would probably do just fine but I don't think there is much difference in price from the binders with those. I buy the binders from Sam's in a 7 pack for about $11. I spend $33 and have a few left over for new students or to save for next year.

    Let me know if you have any other questions!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete