Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Welcome Letter

First Grade Frame of Mind is asking for help composing a welcome letter for first graders.  Well, here is the letter I sent last year.  Short, sweet, with a hint of fun that will happen in first grade.  To make this letter a little fancier, I copy it onto really fun paper.  (Check out the $1 packages of BEAUTIFUL paper at Dollar Tree!!!)  I place the letter in envelopes that I have stamped with cute stamps (bears, hearts, or something matching my theme.)

My letter:


Dear
    Hi!  My name is Mrs. Johnson and I will be your first grade teacher.  I am excited that you will be in my class.  I have many fun things planned for this year!
    When I see you on Monday, I will tell you more about the wonderful things we will be doing in Room Five.  I hope you are as excited as I am!

                            Love,
                            Mrs. Johnson

P.S.  School starts at 8:12 and ends at 2:15 on Monday, August 23.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking up and the great info! It helps me and hope that it helps someone else. I'm following you now too!
    First Grade Frame of Mind

    ReplyDelete