Friday, July 15, 2011

My Secret ...

Many teachers are beginning to post about creating bulletin boards for the new school year.  (Sigh ... didn't summer just start?????)  So I decided to post my beautiful, wonderful, amazing secret.  Here it is:  I paint my bulletin boards.  That's it!  Simple, but oh so amazing!  Think of all the beautiful colors that are available at paint stores - any of those colors could be on your bulletin board!  Yes, it takes time to paint the boards the first year, but unlike paper, paint it doesn't fade and unlike fabric you don't have to wash it.  I use regular old latex paint - any type of finish will work, I used eggshell, but you can use flat paint or get a shinier finish if you want.  My boards are all a beautiful shade of blue.  I love the blue because it can be a backdrop for so many different things - a garden, a forest, an ocean, the list goes on and one.  Paint your boards once and you never have to paint them again (unless you get bored with the color, so choose wisely!!!)

P.S.  You can check out the beauty of my blue boards by looking at my photos in previous posts.  All that pretty blue is painted on.  : )

3 comments:

  1. That is a GREAT idea! I always make all of my bulletin boards blue too-I feel like it is such a calming color. I need to stop stapling on paper and get some paint!
    ~Meredith
    Keen on Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your site! Does the paint get worn off where the push pins/staples go? I am VERY interested in trying this out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weety,
    The paint does NOT wear off. You do get holes in the board where the pins/staples have been, but those are not noticeable unless you are really, really close. (Just like the holes you would get in a plain bulletin board.) I painted my boards about four years ago and they still look great. I do change the border as needed (every two years or so), but the paint really holds up well.
    Camille

    ReplyDelete